What kind of love is the most enduring and faithful? Where does love begin, or come from? How do you know when you love or are loved? Does true love ever end?
When the world all around is filled with unrest, terror, and evil, there is no evidence of love, it seems to disappear. Yet Hope of God’s Love springs from the beginning of God’s Word, from the first word to the last word!
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1
He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!” Amen! Come, Lord Jesus! May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s holy people. Revelation 22:20-21
There are those who would dismiss the thought of God and His Word given to us, and the reality of Jesus made flesh walk on earth, to live God’s love before us.
This complex universe and the earth we live on disappears if there is no God. For no other One would be able to plan the world we live in. God’s Word will not disappear. The immenseness of God and His glory is what Job hears from the whirlwind… recorded in Job, Chapters 38-39. The Where Were You questions enlighten us to Who God is! “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you know so much.” Job 38:4
After you read these two chapters, you will say with Job (40:4-5), “I am nothing—how could I ever find the answers? I will cover my mouth with my hand. I have said too much already. I have nothing more to say.”
In all that God created, He chose you, He chose me, to love. He placed eternity in the heart of every baby who was ever born. We all reach for someone greater than we are to worship. As I consider the Wonder of our Lord God, I weep and sing with the Psalmist David – Let all that I am praise the Lord. O Lord my God, how great you are! You are robed with honor and majesty.
Without God, there would be no birthdays, birds singing, fish jumping in the sea, or puppies to bring joy or colts dancing in the meadows. No sunshine or dewdrops or brilliant sunsets or breathtaking rainbows God sends to sing a love song to us.
When we kneel before God, worshiping Him alone, we sing with joy. From early childhood, my parents taught me the one truth remains constant. “Jesus Love Me”. A writer, Susan Warner, wrote this poem in 1860 in a novel and put to music in 1862. It is still sung today. I recently played this on youtube for my husband and sang the lyrics. I realized then, This is not just a song for children, but gives comfort to God’s older ones, too. God’s Forever Love is hope and joy for all God’s Chosen.
Jesus loves me—this I know, For the Bible tells me so; Little ones to him belong,—They are weak, but he is strong.
Jesus loves me—loves me still, Though I’m very weak and ill; From his shining throne on high, Comes to watch me where I lie.
Jesus loves me—he will stay, Close beside me all the way. Then his little child will take, Up to heaven for his dear sake.
Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! The Bible tells me so.
-Jesus told them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, because I have come to you from God. I am not here on my own, but he sent me”. John 8:42
– “So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” John 13:34-35
– “I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love.” John 15:9-10
– Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. Ephesians 1:4
– Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Ephesians 4:2
– Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God. Ephesians 5:2
– Peace be with you, dear brothers and sisters, and may God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you love with faithfulness. May God’s grace be eternally upon all who love our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 6:23-24